To preface this story, I need to explain that when Max was at the library a few weeks ago he found a My Little Pony book. (Which we've gotten to read at least once a day, and sometimes more. He's mostly memorized it at this point) I'm sure you can see where this is headed...... I think I mentioned to him that I had My Little Ponies when I was a little girl. He got all excited and threw his hands out wide and said "I"m going to get them ALL!!" It's been awhile since I was in the "pink" aisle, as the boys call it, so I wasn't sure if MLPs were even still around, but that didn't deter him, he was going to get some.
Well, they are still around, or are around again....and he fell madly in love with a stuffed one. A very large stuffed one. As large as our little dog. He hugged it, petted it and talked lovingly to it. So there I was in the middle of the "pink" aisle with two kids who were VERY obviously boys, one of whom is petting this VERY pink pony and talking to it......... And there was another Mom there with three little girls, picking out a birthday present for somebody.
I pointed out to him that he wouldn't be able to take it anywhere, that for it's sake it would have to stay in his room, and wouldn't he rather have the regular, rubber MLPs, which he could buy FOUR of for the price of the stuffed one. And they could be taken anywhere he wanted......
He was convinced and proceded to pick four of them. Jayden tried to convince him that he should get a set with a house and stuff, but Max was very happy with his four ponies. (And can you imagine being that Mom and listening to this conversation!!! LOL!!!)
Then we met up with the rest of the gang in the watch area, where I got to talk Max out of a pink Barbie watch.......... Usually I'm able to swallow his pink obsession, even in public, but I'm afraid I shrank from explaining a pink Barbie watch to people.....I tried for a Dora the Explorer watch, but that was a not go. Then he found a pink and black watch, but the band wouldn't fit, then there was this pink and silver watch....but it didn't apeal to him, for some reason. He ended up with a very nice, DARK purple watch, no explaining needed!!! Thank goodness.
So here he is, sleeping with his four MLPs and Silverhoof, his pink pony Webkins. You can barely see her, tucked under his chin. Brent had to convince him that horses sleep standing up, cause he had them all laying on their sides in a row next to him, and he was pushed against the wall, they took up so much space!
And interestingly enough, he didn't pick all pink ones. Even though I pointed out all of them. He's had a grand time with them. Now he's on the look out for MLP books because his library book has to be turned in soon! And if you're a Grandparent, looking for a Christmas gift......well there's still the large stuffed pink pony........
One last note, after a few times typing pink, when I went to type pick, I kept typing pink!!

No comments:
Post a Comment